The Network State is a concept regarding the creation of a new country, first in the cloud and then in the physical world. In essence, a group of people from disparate geographies first organize in the cloud (as they already do), then build a community, then pool assets and finally buy land.
Because of the rise of The Sovereign Individual, the financial power of these people can be so important, that a nation state will be willing to bargain with them for land.
These posts are the first chapters in Balaji's new book called The Network State. These posts dive deeper into the concepts outlined in the Startup Societies Foundations talk listed above.
- How to Start a New Country via 1729 (9 minutes)
- The Start Of Startup Cities via 1729 (10 minutes)
- Founding vs Inheriting via 1729 (8 minutes)
- The Network Union via 1729 (11 minutes)
The original Network State talk from 2015. Balaji’s talk starts around 53 minutes.
- The Network State via teleport in 2015 (40 minutes)